Cho Oyu Mount, China
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 28.094168, 86.660835.
Cho Oyu mount peak is one of the tallest mountains in the world. It is situated right at the border between Nepal and China, in the Himalayas. From Tibetian language, the name of the mount can be translated as "Turquoise Goddess" and the name probably comes from reflections of the blue skies in the snowy white of the mount top. The elevation of the mount is estimated to be 26,864 feet which makes Cho Oyu the 6th tallest mountains in the world. It is situated quite close to the Everest, about 14 miles west of it. Cho Oyu was first climbed by a group of Austrian climbers though it was not the first attempt to climb this mountain. In the mid 1990s, a record of ascent was set by a Mexican mountain climber who managed to reach the summit of Cho Oyu in 18 hours 45 minutes.
Map of Cho Oyu Mount, China
Cho Oyu Mount, China Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Cho Oyu Mount, China is 28.094168, and the longitude is 86.660835. Cho Oyu Mount, China is located at China country in the Mountains place category with the gps coordinates of 28° 5' 39.0048'' N and 86° 39' 39.0060'' E.
Cho Oyu Mount, China Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||28° 5' 39.0048'' N|
|DMS Long||86° 39' 39.0060'' E|
Coordinates of Cho Oyu Mount, China is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Mountains in China
Also check out these related Mountains.
- Tianzi Mountain, Zhangjiajie, Hunan, China (25.075899, 111.655800)
- Gasherbrum III, China (35.733334, 76.633331)
- Gyachung Kang, China (28.098057, 86.742226)
- Shishapangma Mount, China (28.352222, 85.779724)
- Broad Peak, China (35.811668, 76.565002)
- Gasherbrum I Mount, China (35.724445, 76.696388)
- Cho Oyu Mount, China (28.094168, 86.660835)
- Lhotse Mountain, China (27.961666, 86.933334)