Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 35.417416, 24.530005.
Crete (Κρήτη) is an island located in Eastern Mediterranean, 160 km south of the mainland. It is the largest island of the Greek islands, as well as the fifth-largest in the Mediterranean Sea. The island has a total area of 8,450 km2 (3,260 sq mi). The island has a rich history dating back to approximately 130,000 years ago. It was the heart of the first advanced civilization in Europe. The island's highest point is Mount Ida with an elevation of 2,456 meters. Crete is also the most populous island in the country. Heraklion (Ηράκλειο) is the capital city of the island, as well as the largest one. Crete's economy is mainly based on tourism. Tourist attractions and historical landmarks on the island include Heraklion Archaeological Museum, the Historical Museum of Crete, Natural History Museum of Crete, Rocca a Mare Fortress, Venetian Walls of Heraklion, Morosini Lions Fountain, Theotokópoulos Park, Georgiadis Park, Grave Monument of Kazantzakis, Ammoudara Beach, Livadi Beach, Karavostasi Beach, Spilies Beach, Rethymnon Beach, Episkopi Beach, Kalyvaki Beach, Vossakos Monastery, Panagia Charakiani, Rimondi Venetian Fountain, Venetian Fortezza Castle, Neratze Mosque, Kourna Lake, Elephant Cave, Archaeological Site of Aptera, and many more.
* A 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck the island of Crete at 9.17 am on 27 September 2021.
Where is Crete, Greece on Map?
Road map of Crete, Greece shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Crete, Greece
Crete, Greece Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Crete, Greece is 35.417416, and the longitude is 24.530005. Crete, Greece is located at Greece country in the Islands place category with the gps coordinates of 35° 25' 2.6976'' N and 24° 31' 48.0180'' E.
|DMS Lat||35° 25' 2.6976'' N|
|DMS Long||24° 31' 48.0180'' E|
Coordinates of Crete, Greece is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Islands in Greece
Also check out these related Islands.
- Crete, Greece (35.417416, 24.530005)
- Skiathos, Sporades, Greece (39.166668, 23.483334)
- Mikonos, the Cyclades, Greece (37.450001, 25.350000)
- Lesser Cyclades, Koufonisia, Greece (36.870300, 25.623100)
- Santorini, South Aegean, Greece (36.393154, 25.461510)
- Irakleia, Iraklia, Greece (36.844090, 25.455585)
- Skopelos Island, Greece (39.140381, 23.706757)
- Syros, Siros Ermoupoli, Greece (37.463493, 24.916088)
- Antiparos, Greece (37.040340, 25.081415)
- Tinos, Greece (37.596825, 25.121613)