Dawson, YT, Canada
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 64.060066, -139.432037.
Dawson is a town in the territory of Yukon, northwest Canada, located on the Yukon River. It is a known tourist destination famous for its spectacular views and wonderful nature. It is a historic town that is known as the center of the Klondike Gold Rush at the end of the 19th century. Dawson was settled in 1896 and named for George Mercer Dawson who was a geologist and surveyor. The town's economy is based on gold mining and tourism. Points of interest in the town include Dawson City Museum, Jack London Museum, Palace Grand Theatre, Klondike Spirit, Robert Service Cabin, Midnight Dome Viewpoint, Yukon Hotel, Diamond Tooth Gertie's Gambling Hall, Commissioner's Residence, S.S. Keno National Historic Site, and Former Territorial Court House National Historic Site. It is also home to the Yukon School of Visual Arts. Dawson City Airport is situated 9 miles east of the town. Jack London stayed in a cabin in Dawson between 1897–1898.
Where is Dawson, YT, Canada on Map?
Road map of Dawson, YT, Canada shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Dawson, YT, Canada
Dawson, YT, Canada Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Dawson, YT, Canada is 64.060066, and the longitude is -139.432037. Dawson, YT, Canada is located at Canada country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 64° 3' 36.2376'' N and 139° 25' 55.3332'' W.
|DMS Lat||64° 3' 36.2376'' N|
|DMS Long||139° 25' 55.3332'' W|
Coordinates of Dawson, YT, Canada is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in Canada
Also check out these related Towns.
- Windsor, QC, Canada (45.566666, -72.000000)
- Warwick, QC, Canada (45.950001, -71.983330)
- Sutton, QC, Canada (45.099998, -72.616669)
- Saint-Tite, QC, Canada (46.733334, -72.566666)
- Saint-Marc-des-Carrières, QC, Canada (46.683334, -72.050003)
- Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel, QC, Canada (46.033333, -73.116669)
- Saint-Gabriel, QC, Canada (46.299999, -73.383331)
- Mont-Laurier, QC, Canada (46.549999, -75.500000)
- Métabetchouan–Lac-à-la-Croix, QC, Canada (48.433334, -71.866669)
- Mercier, QC, Canada (45.320000, -73.750000)