Gela, Sicily, Italy
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 37.066666, 14.250000.
Gela is a small coastal city and a small community in the southern part of the island of Sicily, which is in the south western Italy. It is an old community established in the times of the reign of the Greeks in the area. Later on the city became a part of the Roman Empire and was developing as a small farmer's and fishermen town. Gela is a home to a small but very important port which played a key role in numerous military campaigns, including the ones of the late Middle Ages and the 20th century. Today's Gela is an important resort and a tourist destination though not as popular as the large cities in the neighborhood. The economy of the city is based on producing seafood and producing various agricultural products.
Map of Gela, Sicily, Italy
Gela, Sicily, Italy Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Gela, Sicily, Italy is 37.066666, and the longitude is 14.250000. Gela, Sicily, Italy is located at Italy country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 3' 59.9976'' N and 14° 15' 0.0000'' E.
Gela, Sicily, Italy Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||37° 3' 59.9976'' N|
|DMS Long||14° 15' 0.0000'' E|
Coordinates of Gela, Sicily, Italy is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Italy
Also check out these related Cities.
- Scandicci, Tuscany, Italy (43.750000, 11.166667)
- Scafati, Salerno, Campania, Italy (40.733334, 14.533333)
- Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy (42.349998, 14.166667)
- Acireale, Sicily, Italy (37.616669, 15.166667)
- Ercolano, Campania, Italy (40.799999, 14.350000)
- Aversa, Campania, Italy (40.966667, 14.200000)
- San Severo, Apulia, Italy (41.683334, 15.383333)
- Cava de' Tirreni, Campania, Italy (40.700001, 14.700000)
- Velletri, Lazio, Italy (41.686668, 12.777500)
- Siena, Tuscany, Italy (43.318611, 11.330556)