Leon, Leon Province, Spain
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 42.605556, -5.570000.
Leon is a small city and the capital of Leon Province, situated in western part of Spain, about 70 miles north west of Valladolid. The city has an old history starting in the 1st century AD when the settlement was established there as on the strategically important point. After the withdrawal of the Roma Empire, Leon used to be the capital of various much smaller kingdoms, and it is known as the first city in Europe where such ruling body as the Parliament was established in the 12th century. In the Middle Agers Leon was a center of commerce and culture, and today it is a developed community with the population close to 125 thousand people. It is a center of culture and especially historic heritage since there is a large number of wonderful examples of old architecture and old buildings preserved in the city. Some of them are under protection of UNESCO.
Where is Leon, Leon Province, Spain on Map?
Road map of Leon, Leon Province, Spain shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Leon, Leon Province, Spain
Leon, Leon Province, Spain Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Leon, Leon Province, Spain is 42.605556, and the longitude is -5.570000. Leon, Leon Province, Spain is located at Spain country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 42° 36' 20.0016'' N and 5° 34' 12.0000'' W.
Leon, Leon Province, Spain Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||42° 36' 20.0016'' N|
|DMS Long||5° 34' 12.0000'' W|
Coordinates of Leon, Leon Province, Spain is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Spain
Also check out these related Cities.
- Toledo, Castile–La Mancha, Spain (39.856667, -4.024444)
- Palencia, Tierra de Campos, Spain (42.016666, -4.533333)
- Lugo, Galicia, Spain (43.016666, -7.550000)
- Guadalajara, Castilla–La Mancha, Spain (40.633713, -3.167394)
- Manresa, Catalonia, Spain (41.729443, 1.827222)
- Benidorm, Alicante, Spain (38.534168, -0.131389)
- Gandia, Valencia, Spain (38.966667, -0.183333)
- Ourense, Galicia, Spain (42.336388, -7.863333)
- Badajoz, Extermadura, Spain (38.880280, -6.975278)
- Santander, Cantabria, Spain (43.462776, -3.805000)