Thacher Island, Rockport, MA, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 42.637592, -70.576309.
Thacher Island is a small uninhabited island and the easternmost cape near Rockport town in Massachusetts. It was named after Anthony Thatcher, a local educator and culture promoter. There are two large lighthouses on the island, which used to signal the ships passing nearby. The island saw a number of military campaigns and battles, due to an important strategical location of the island.
Map of Thacher Island, Rockport, MA, USA
Thacher Island, Rockport, MA, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Thacher Island, Rockport, MA, USA is 42.637592, and the longitude is -70.576309. Thacher Island, Rockport, MA, USA is located at United States country in the Islands place category with the gps coordinates of 42° 38' 15.3312'' N and 70° 34' 34.7124'' W.
Thacher Island, Rockport, MA, USA Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||42° 38' 15.3312'' N|
|DMS Long||70° 34' 34.7124'' W|
Coordinates of Thacher Island, Rockport, MA, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Islands in United States
Also check out these related Islands.
- Blue Gill Island, Michigan, the USA (42.783276, -83.825668)
- Hilton Head Island, SC, the USA (32.178890, -80.743057)
- Maui, Hawaii, USA (20.798363, -156.331924)
- Thacher Island, Rockport, MA, USA (42.637592, -70.576309)
- Terminal Island, San Pedro, CA, USA (33.745476, -118.259827)
- Block Island, New Shoreham, RI, USA (41.161655, -71.584267)
- St. George Island, Florida, USA (29.658489, -84.880241)
- Santa Catalina Island, California , USA (33.387886, -118.416313)
- Florida Keys, Florida, USA (24.691402, -81.189682)
- San Juan Islands, Washington, USA (48.636669, -122.916611)