The University of Edinburgh, the UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 55.947388, -3.187194.
The University of Edinburgh is one of the principal educational establishments of Scotland, situated at Old College, South Bridge, Edinburgh, United Kingdom. Established in the middle of the 16th century, the university is on the list of the Top 10 Oldest Universities of the Northern Hemisphere. The number of students is more than 35 thousand people, and the number of academic staff members is 4,832 people (2020). The university has a very high reputation and is considered to be the third most respected university in the UK after Cambridge and Oxford. The university alumni are successful, there are Nobel Prize laureates, Turing Award winners, Pulitzer Prize winners, biologists, mathematicians, actors, and Olympic gold medallists. The University of Edinburgh was also used as a filming location in movies like Fast & Furious 9, One Day, Burke & Hare, etc. Nearby attractions include George Square Gardens, McEwan Hall, Meadows Compass, Main University Library, The Meadows, The Queen's Hall, Surgeons' Hall Museums, Festival Theatre, Talbot Rice Gallery, National Museum of Scotland, and so on.
Where is The University of Edinburgh, the UK on Map?
Road map of The University of Edinburgh, the UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of The University of Edinburgh, the UK
The University of Edinburgh, the UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of The University of Edinburgh, the UK is 55.947388, and the longitude is -3.187194. The University of Edinburgh, the UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Universities place category with the gps coordinates of 55° 56' 50.5968'' N and 3° 11' 13.8984'' W.
|DMS Lat||55° 56' 50.5968'' N|
|DMS Long||3° 11' 13.8984'' W|
Coordinates of The University of Edinburgh, the UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Universities in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Universities.
- University of Warwick, the UK (52.379414, -1.561904)
- University of Bristol, the UK (51.458447, -2.603288)
- London School of Economics and Political Science, the UK (51.514450, -0.116674)
- King's College London, the UK (51.511448, -0.116414)
- University of Manchester, the UK (53.466843, -2.234597)
- University of Cambridge, the UK (52.204311, 0.113818)
- University of Oxford, the UK (51.754845, -1.254449)
- The University of Edinburgh, the UK (55.947388, -3.187194)
- University Of London, Kings Cross, London, UK (51.521515, -0.127636)
- Aston University, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK (52.487144, -1.886977)