Tower of London, UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.508530, -0.076132.
A many-centuries-old symbol of the royal power of the United Kingdom, the Tower of London is a historic castle known also as the Royal Palace and the Fortress. It is the oldest building of the fortification complex which was built by William the Conqueror at the end of the 11th century, and the Tower of London played a key role if the whole history of the country. The landmark is located in the central part of London, on the northern bank of the River Thames. The total area of the historical complex is estimated to be close to 12 acres, and the Tower of London is among those most important historical landmarks included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The landmark includes a few buildings and areas like the White Tower, the Inner Ward, the Outer Ward, a few other towers, a few gates, and other parts. The complex used to play a role of a fortification and a facility for protecting the capital city against invasions. It also used to be a citadel for the members of the Royal Family, as well as a prison (during the wars of the 19th and 20th centuries). In modern times, the Tower is one of the major tourist attractions of London, as well as a place used for ceremonial purposes. It has a great location right next to plenty of other monuments in London and is visited by thousands of guests of the city on an annual basis.
Where is Tower of London, UK on Map?
Road map of Tower of London, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Tower of London, UK
Tower of London, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Tower of London, UK is 51.508530, and the longitude is -0.076132. Tower of London, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Towers place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 30' 30.7080'' N and 0° 4' 34.0752'' W.
|DMS Lat||51° 30' 30.7080'' N|
|DMS Long||0° 4' 34.0752'' W|
Coordinates of Tower of London, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towers in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Towers.
- Craigkelly Transmitting Station, Burntisland, the UK (56.071888, -3.232915)
- Glasgow Tower, Glasgow, the UK (55.858700, -4.295905)
- National Lift Tower, Tower Square, Northampton, UK (52.238533, -0.921987)
- Radio City Tower, Liverpool, the UK (53.406315, -2.981979)
- BT Tower (Birmingham), the UK (52.483521, -1.904100)
- Blackpool Tower, Blackpool, Lancashire, the UK (53.815884, -3.055291)
- British Airways i360, Brighton, the UK (50.821384, -0.150896)
- Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth, the UK (50.795574, -1.108517)
- BT Tower, London, the UK (51.521393, -0.139018)
- Emley Moor Transmitting Station, Huddersfield, UK (53.612534, -1.644830)
What is your bibliography