Catania, Sicily, Italy
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 37.500000, 15.090278.
Catania is one of the largest cities in the region of Sicily, southern Italy. Catania is a coastal community situated in the eastern part of the island. With the population close to a third of a million, Catania is among 10 largest cities of the country. It is an old settlement established as a small fishermen village in the early times of the Ancient Rome. For a few centuries the settlement was very small and started developing only during the late times of the Ancient Rome epoch. Catania has a very beautiful natural setting near the mount Etna which is an active volcano, the largest in Europe. Just like most of the cities of the region, Catania is a tourist destination known for its beautiful architecture, numerous museums and galleries, parks and gardens, the remains of old buildings, and other attractions.
Where is Catania, Sicily, Italy on Map?
Road map of Catania, Sicily, Italy shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Catania, Sicily, Italy
Catania, Sicily, Italy Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Catania, Sicily, Italy is 37.500000, and the longitude is 15.090278. Catania, Sicily, Italy is located at Italy country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 30' 0.0000'' N and 15° 5' 25.0008'' E.
|DMS Lat||37° 30' 0.0000'' N|
|DMS Long||15° 5' 25.0008'' E|
Coordinates of Catania, Sicily, Italy is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Italy
Also check out these related Cities.
- Scandicci, Tuscany, Italy (43.750000, 11.166667)
- Scafati, Salerno, Campania, Italy (40.733334, 14.533333)
- Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy (42.349998, 14.166667)
- Acireale, Sicily, Italy (37.616669, 15.166667)
- Ercolano, Campania, Italy (40.799999, 14.350000)
- Aversa, Campania, Italy (40.966667, 14.200000)
- San Severo, Apulia, Italy (41.683334, 15.383333)
- Cava de' Tirreni, Campania, Italy (40.700001, 14.700000)
- Velletri, Lazio, Italy (41.686668, 12.777500)
- Siena, Tuscany, Italy (43.318611, 11.330556)