Fair Isle, UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 59.536667, -1.628637.
Fair Isle, or Fara in Scottish Gaelic, is a small, remote island, located right between the Shetland Mainland and the Orkney Island in northern Scotland. For the last 6-7 centuries, the island has been changing its owners and rules, until it became a part of Scotland and a developed modern area. There is a small airline, a primary school, a shop (which is also a post office), a community hall, a small bar, a few guesthouses, and an airline on the island. However, a large bird observatory is the main attraction of Fair Isle. Since 1954, Fair Isle has been owned by the National Trust for Scotland. It is a great place to visit for those who want to learn more about its wildlife, cultural heritage, traditional arts and crafts, as well as experience its amazing scenery. Fair Isle Airport serves the island with limited facilities and a small terminal building. Attractions on the island include The George Waterston Memorial Centre and Museum, Fair Isle South Lighthouse, Fair Isle North Lighthouse, Sheep Rock, Fair Isle Bird Observatory Lodge, Stackhoull Stores, Fair Isle Chapel, and Fair Isle Kirk - Church Of Scotland.
Where is Fair Isle, UK on Map?
Road map of Fair Isle, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Fair Isle, UK
Fair Isle, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Fair Isle, UK is 59.536667, and the longitude is -1.628637. Fair Isle, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Islands place category with the gps coordinates of 59° 32' 12.0012'' N and 1° 37' 43.0932'' W.
|DMS Lat||59° 32' 12.0012'' N|
|DMS Long||1° 37' 43.0932'' W|
Coordinates of Fair Isle, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Islands in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Islands.
- Isle of Skye, Scotland, the UK (57.424595, -6.321627)
- The British Virgin Islands, the UK (18.436539, -64.618103)
- Guernsey (49.448196, -2.589490)
- Channel Islands, the UK (49.372284, -2.364351)
- Isle of Wight, UK (50.693848, -1.304734)
- Fair Isle, UK (59.536667, -1.628637)
- Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) (-51.563412, -59.820557)
- Shetland, Shetland Islands, UK (60.346958, -1.235660)
- Isle of Colonsay, Scotland, UK (56.080997, -6.211768)
- Foulness Island, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK (51.601280, 0.893038)