Hamilton, VIC, Australia
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -37.733334, 142.016663.
A large town of Hamilton can be found in south western part of the state of Victoria in south eastern Australia. It is an inland town known as 'the Wool Capital of the World'. Established in the middle of the 19th century at the place of quite an old indigenous settlement, Hamilton was named after the same name town in Illinois. Today's Australian Hamilton is a home to almost 10 thousand people, with farming, sheep grazing and weaving being the most important parts of the town's economy. Tourists come to the area during the times of traditional events and festivities related to producing wool. Those include various trade-shows like Sheepvention, the most popular one of those.
Map of Hamilton, VIC, Australia
Hamilton, VIC, Australia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Hamilton, VIC, Australia is -37.733334, and the longitude is 142.016663. Hamilton, VIC, Australia is located at Australia country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 44' 0.0024'' S and 142° 0' 59.9868'' E.
Hamilton, VIC, Australia Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||37° 44' 0.0024'' S|
|DMS Long||142° 0' 59.9868'' E|
Coordinates of Hamilton, VIC, Australia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in Australia
Also check out these related Towns.
- Subiaco, WA, Australia (-31.948999, 115.827003)
- Stirling, WA, Australia (-31.882999, 115.809998)
- Nedlands, WA, Australia (-31.982000, 115.806999)
- Melville, WA, Australia (-32.041000, 115.801003)
- Kwinana Town, WA, Australia (-32.243999, 115.814003)
- Kalamunda, WA, Australia (-31.974001, 116.057999)
- Hamilton, VIC, Australia (-37.733334, 142.016663)
- Mount Barker, SA, Australia (-35.066666, 138.850006)
- Warwick, QLD, Australia (-28.215200, 152.035202)
- Redcliffe Town, QLD, Australia (-27.233334, 153.266663)