Petersburg, AK, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 56.812500, -132.955551.
A small coastal town of Petersburg is situated in southern Alaska, in the north western part of the USA. It can be found on the shores of the Frederick Sound, on the Kuperanof Island which is a very beautiful and scarcely populated area. The town was established in the end of the 19th century by a group of settlers of mainly Norwegian origin. Today, the town is a lively community, with the number of residents close to 33 hundred people. Fishing and agriculture are the main activities of the local people, but the residents of Petersburg are always up to various social and cultural events. There are numerous fairs, celebrations, and other traditional events taking place in the town.
Map of Petersburg, AK, USA
Petersburg, AK, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Petersburg, AK, USA is 56.812500, and the longitude is -132.955551. Petersburg, AK, USA is located at United States country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 56° 48' 45.0000'' N and 132° 57' 19.9836'' W.
Petersburg, AK, USA Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||56° 48' 45.0000'' N|
|DMS Long||132° 57' 19.9836'' W|
Coordinates of Petersburg, AK, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in United States
Also check out these related Towns.
- Merry Hill, NC, the US (36.011944, -76.772499)
- Spring Valley, Illinois, the US (41.327221, -89.200836)
- Nesconset, NY, USA (40.846111, -73.150558)
- Cordelia, OH, USA (40.899445, -83.785835)
- Hope Mills, NC, the US (34.970554, -78.956665)
- Pennington, NJ, USA (40.324924, -74.788780)
- Hughesville, MD, the US (38.533611, -76.782219)
- Nekoosa, WI, USA (44.319080, -89.899940)
- Sikeston, MO, USA (36.879444, -89.585281)
- Mesquite, TX, USA (32.782780, -96.610001)