Queenstown, New Zealand
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -45.031162, 168.662643.
Queenstown is a small town on the south island of New Zealand, located in an amazingly beautiful natural setting, on the shore of Lake Wakatipu. It is quite a famous resort and a small municipality. Tourism is the main attribution to the town's economy, with especially popular sports tourism like bungy jumping, skiing, jet boarding, rafting, sky diving, etc. There are a few excellent facilities for shopping in the town. Queenstown also hosts several festivals such as Winter Festival, the Bike Festival, and so on. The town has a campus of the Southern Institute of Technology (SIT).
The first season of the mystery drama television series Top Of The Lake was shot in Queenstown. Some scenes of The Lord of the Rings also took place in the town. Queenstown Airport is situated about 8 kilometers from the center. Tourist attractions in the town include Queenstown Gardens, Queenstown Hill Summit, Lover's Lookout, Queenstown Hill Walking Track, Shotover Canyon Swing, Tiki Trail, Jardine Park, Shotover Jet Queenstown, Saint Omer Park, Ben Lomond Track Trailhead, and many more.
Where is Queenstown, New Zealand on Map?
Road map of Queenstown, New Zealand shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Queenstown, New Zealand
Queenstown, New Zealand Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Queenstown, New Zealand is -45.031162, and the longitude is 168.662643. Queenstown, New Zealand is located at New Zealand country in the Towns place category with the gps coordinates of 45° 1' 52.1832'' S and 168° 39' 45.5148'' E.
|DMS Lat||45° 1' 52.1832'' S|
|DMS Long||168° 39' 45.5148'' E|
Coordinates of Queenstown, New Zealand is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Towns in New Zealand
Also check out these related Towns.
- Fox Glacier Township, New Zealand (-43.464596, 170.017822)
- Whangamata, New Zealand (-37.207279, 175.871155)
- New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand (-39.055626, 174.075226)
- Waihi Beach, New Zealand (-37.412373, 175.945343)
- Queenstown, New Zealand (-45.031162, 168.662643)
- Kerikeri, New Zealand (-35.228611, 173.947784)
- Campbells Bay, Auckland, New Zealand (-36.746174, 174.761459)
- Ashburton, New Zealand (-43.903828, 171.744797)
- Gulf Harbour, Whangaparaoa, New Zealand (-36.616150, 174.790207)
- Tuakau, New Zealand (-37.270191, 174.943848)