Taranto, Apulia, Italy
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 40.466667, 17.233334.
A small city of Taranto is a part of Apulia region, in south eastern Italy. Known as one of the oldest city in the county, Taranto was established in the 8th century BC and was one of the cities that started developing and growing rapidly, as a port and a commercial hub. In the 4th century BC the city was a home to almost 300,000 people. Later on due to various military campaigns and epidemics the population of the city used to change quite a lot, but the economy and the social life of the city has been strong and stable. There are plenty of sights and landmarks in Taranto, and the city is a tourist attraction and a very popular destination for those who enjoy exploring wonderful cities of Italy.
Where is Taranto, Apulia, Italy on Map?
Road map of Taranto, Apulia, Italy shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Taranto, Apulia, Italy
Taranto, Apulia, Italy Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Taranto, Apulia, Italy is 40.466667, and the longitude is 17.233334. Taranto, Apulia, Italy is located at Italy country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 40° 28' 0.0012'' N and 17° 14' 0.0024'' E.
|DMS Lat||40° 28' 0.0012'' N|
|DMS Long||17° 14' 0.0024'' E|
Coordinates of Taranto, Apulia, Italy is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Italy
Also check out these related Cities.
- Scandicci, Tuscany, Italy (43.750000, 11.166667)
- Scafati, Salerno, Campania, Italy (40.733334, 14.533333)
- Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy (42.349998, 14.166667)
- Acireale, Sicily, Italy (37.616669, 15.166667)
- Ercolano, Campania, Italy (40.799999, 14.350000)
- Aversa, Campania, Italy (40.966667, 14.200000)
- San Severo, Apulia, Italy (41.683334, 15.383333)
- Cava de' Tirreni, Campania, Italy (40.700001, 14.700000)
- Velletri, Lazio, Italy (41.686668, 12.777500)
- Siena, Tuscany, Italy (43.318611, 11.330556)