Chester, IL, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 37.915825, -89.829262.
The city of Chester is the seat of Randolph County in southern Illinois, United States, located on the Mississippi River and 63 miles south of St. Louis. It was founded in the 19th century and named after the city in Cheshire, England. Also known as "Home of Popeye", Chester is a small city with a few attractions and landmarks including Segar Memorial Park, Statue of Popeye, Statue of Castor Oyl and Bernice the Whiffle Hen, Statue of Nana Oyl, Frederick Weistar House Historic Site, Old Fire Station, Chester River Front, Kaskaskia Bell State Historic Site, and Cohen Memorial Home. Elzie Crisler Segar, known as E. C. Segar, was born in Chester on December 8, 1894. He is best known as the creator of Popeye the Sailor Man.
Where is Chester, IL, USA on Map?
Road map of Chester, IL, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Chester, IL, USA
Chester, IL, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Chester, IL, USA is 37.915825, and the longitude is -89.829262. Chester, IL, USA is located at United States country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 54' 56.9700'' N and 89° 49' 45.3432'' W.
|DMS Lat||37° 54' 56.9700'' N|
|DMS Long||89° 49' 45.3432'' W|
Coordinates of Chester, IL, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United States
Also check out these related Cities.
- Charles City, IA, USA (43.066807, -92.683464)
- Burlington, IA, USA (40.810947, -91.131844)
- Boone, IA, USA (42.060650, -93.885490)
- Wabash, IN, USA (40.800262, -85.830887)
- Vincennes, IN, USA (38.678299, -87.522491)
- Valparaiso, IN, USA (41.483845, -87.063965)
- Terre Haute, IN, USA (39.472298, -87.401917)
- Shelbyville, IN, USA (39.524483, -85.786476)
- Richmond, IN, USA (39.828354, -84.894196)
- Plymouth, IN, USA (41.345619, -86.316971)