Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 53.958332, -1.080278.
Situated on the banks of the rivers Ouse and Foss, York, is an old city, also known as Chocolate City, in northeast England, the UK. The city was established in 71 AD by the Ancient Romans. They invested in the city's development and helped the population increase the social life level. The community was one of the most striving in the area. During the Middle Ages, the city turned into a center of manufacturing and, later on - transport and commerce. Modern-day York is a very popular tourist spot, with plenty of cathedrals, museums, bridges, palaces, pubs, restaurants, galleries, theaters, other cultural establishments, and sports facilities. Historical landmarks and points of interest in the city include York City Walls, National Railway Museum, Clifford's Tower, JORVIK Viking Centre, Barley Hall, The York Dungeon, John Snow Memorial, Memorial Gardens, St Mary's Abbey, Treasurer's House, Dean's Park, Rowntree Park, York Castle Museum, and many more. The city is also home to many educational institutions, such as York St John University and Wentworth College.
Where is York, UK on Map?
Road map of York, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of York, UK
York, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of York, UK is 53.958332, and the longitude is -1.080278. York, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 53° 57' 29.9952'' N and 1° 4' 49.0008'' W.
|DMS Lat||53° 57' 29.9952'' N|
|DMS Long||1° 4' 49.0008'' W|
Coordinates of York, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Cities.
- York, UK (53.958332, -1.080278)
- Worcester, Worcestershire, the UK (52.192001, -2.220000)
- Winchester, Hampshire, the UK (51.063202, -1.308000)
- Wells, South West England, the UK (51.209000, -2.647000)
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK (53.680000, -1.490000)
- Truro, Cornwall, the UK (50.259998, -5.051000)
- Sunderland, North East, the UK (54.906101, -1.381130)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire, the UK (53.383331, -1.466667)
- Salford, North West, the UK (53.483002, -2.293100)
- St. Davids, Wales, the UK (51.882000, -5.269000)
No comments written yet.