Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 53.680000, -1.490000.
Built on the River Calder, Wakefield is a small city in West Yorkshire, the central UK, right between the cities of Leeds and Sheffield. It is a historic center of farming, textiles and cotton producing, mining, and commerce. Today's Wakefield is a home to about 100,000 residents and the population of the metropolitan area of the city is close to a third of a million people. Most of the workforce is employed in manufacturing and services. There is a number of attractions and landmarks in Wakefield which include the city's Cathedral, the old Bridge and a number of other examples of old architecture. There are also a few galleries, castles like Sandal Castle, parks like Clarence Park, monuments, restaurants, shopping areas, etc.
Map of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK is 53.680000, and the longitude is -1.490000. Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 53° 40' 48.0000'' N and 1° 29' 24.0000'' W.
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||53° 40' 48.0000'' N|
|DMS Long||1° 29' 24.0000'' W|
Coordinates of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Cities.
- York, North Yorkshire, the UK (53.958332, -1.080278)
- Worcester, Worcestershire, the UK (52.192001, -2.220000)
- Winchester, Hampshire, the UK (51.063202, -1.308000)
- Wells, South West England, the UK (51.209000, -2.647000)
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK (53.680000, -1.490000)
- Truro, Cornwall, the UK (50.259998, -5.051000)
- Sunderland, North East, the UK (54.906101, -1.381130)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire, the UK (53.383331, -1.466667)
- Salford, North West, the UK (53.483002, -2.293100)
- St. Davids, Wales, the UK (51.882000, -5.269000)