Wells, South West England, the UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.209000, -2.647000.
Wells is a small city in the South West England, the western UK. It is situated in Somerset county and is a home to about 12,000 people. The settlement has got its name because there were plenty of wells built there in the Middle Ages. The city was established in the late Roman Times and by the beginning of the Middle Ages it turned into an important cultural and educational center of the region. The city's cathedral was built in those times, and it helped the settlement develop and become a commercial center of the region. Today's Wells is a city for those who enjoys sports and recreation, with pretty many excellent facilities for sports like rugby, soccer, hockey, etc.
Where is Wells, South West England, the UK on Map?
Road map of Wells, South West England, the UK shows where is the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Wells, South West England, the UK
Wells, South West England, the UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Wells, South West England, the UK is 51.209000, and the longitude is -2.647000. Wells, South West England, the UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 12' 32.4000'' N and 2° 38' 49.2000'' W.
Wells, South West England, the UK Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||51° 12' 32.4000'' N|
|DMS Long||2° 38' 49.2000'' W|
Coordinates of Wells, South West England, the UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Cities.
- York, North Yorkshire, the UK (53.958332, -1.080278)
- Worcester, Worcestershire, the UK (52.192001, -2.220000)
- Winchester, Hampshire, the UK (51.063202, -1.308000)
- Wells, South West England, the UK (51.209000, -2.647000)
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK (53.680000, -1.490000)
- Truro, Cornwall, the UK (50.259998, -5.051000)
- Sunderland, North East, the UK (54.906101, -1.381130)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire, the UK (53.383331, -1.466667)
- Salford, North West, the UK (53.483002, -2.293100)
- St. Davids, Wales, the UK (51.882000, -5.269000)