Zion, IL, USA
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 42.450806, -87.845978.
Zion is a city in Lake County, northeastern Illinois, United States, located about 43 miles north of downtown Chicago. It was founded in 1901 by John Alexander Dowie who was a Scots-Australian minister. The city was named for Mount Zion in Jerusalem. It was home to Zion Nuclear Power Station which was built in 1973 and retired on February 13, 1998. Points of interest in Zion include Shiloh House, Shiloh Park Golf Course, Shiloh Park, Beulah Park, Dungeon of Doom Haunted House, Illinois Beach State Park, Hosah Park, Isherwood Beach, Zion Beach, North Dunes Nature Preserve, David Park, Zion Hotel Dome, and Hermon Park. There is a train station in the city.
Where is Zion, IL, USA on Map?
Road map of Zion, IL, USA shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Zion, IL, USA
Zion, IL, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Zion, IL, USA is 42.450806, and the longitude is -87.845978. Zion, IL, USA is located at United States country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 42° 27' 2.9016'' N and 87° 50' 45.5208'' W.
|DMS Lat||42° 27' 2.9016'' N|
|DMS Long||87° 50' 45.5208'' W|
Coordinates of Zion, IL, USA is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United States
Also check out these related Cities.
- Peabody, MA, USA (42.536457, -70.985786)
- Northampton, MA, USA (42.328674, -72.664658)
- Newton, MA, USA (42.341042, -71.217133)
- Newburyport, MA, USA (42.810356, -70.893875)
- New Bedford, MA, USA (41.638409, -70.941208)
- Medford, MA, USA (42.419331, -71.119720)
- Malden, MA, USA (42.429752, -71.071022)
- Leominster, MA, USA (42.525482, -71.764183)
- Lawrence, MA, USA (42.701283, -71.175682)
- Holyoke, MA, USA (42.203217, -72.625481)