Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 11.833333, 13.150000.
Maiduguri is the capital city of Borno state and one of the largest cities of Nigeria, situated in north eastern part of the country. The city was established a bit more than 100 years ago and used to be called Yerwa by the local population. In the middle of the 20th century it became the center of the region and the capital cit of the state. Today, it is a home to slightly more than a half million people. The population is multi-cultural and multi-religious, thus quite often some public misunderstandings arise. The city is mainly agricultural and commercial, with a number of large farmer's markets and so called "Monday Market" being especially popular. Maiduguri is also a home to one of the largest and the most modern university in the country, the University of Maiduguri.
Map of Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria is 11.833333, and the longitude is 13.150000. Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria is located at Nigeria country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 11° 49' 59.9988'' N and 13° 9' 0.0000'' E.
Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||11° 49' 59.9988'' N|
|DMS Long||13° 9' 0.0000'' E|
Coordinates of Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Nigeria
Also check out these related Cities.
- Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria (4.824167, 7.033611)
- Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria (11.833333, 13.150000)
- Kano, Kano State, Nigeria (12.000000, 8.516667)
- Katsina, Nigeria (12.985531, 7.617144)
- Nnewi, Anambra, Nigeria (6.010519, 6.910345)
- Agbor, Ika South, Nigeria (6.264092, 6.201883)
- Ikeja, Nigeria (6.605874, 3.349149)
- Ughelli, Nigeria (5.500187, 5.993834)
- Akure, Nigeria (7.250771, 5.210266)
- Calabar, Nigeria (4.982873, 8.334503)