Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 12.985531, 7.617144.
Katsina is a large city situated in the northern part of Nigeria, about 7 miles south of the border between Nigeria and Niger. It is the capital city of the same name state and a home to almost a half million people, with a large portion of the population being of Hausa and Fulani origin. The city was founded at the place of a small historic settlement and shortly after it became the capital of Katsina Emirate. Despite being quite a large urban area, the city is a center of agriculture, with plenty of farms and facilities growing guuinea corn, groundnuts, millet, cotton, and plenty of other cultures. Textiles and steel producing also play a role in the city's economy. There are a few interesting architecture pieces in Katsina, with a few mosques in the city center, the fragments of the old city walls, and so on. Cultural life of the city is also diverse and interesting.
Map of Katsina, Nigeria
Katsina, Nigeria Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Katsina, Nigeria is 12.985531, and the longitude is 7.617144. Katsina, Nigeria is located at Nigeria country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 12° 59' 7.9116'' N and 7° 37' 1.7184'' E.
Katsina, Nigeria Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||12° 59' 7.9116'' N|
|DMS Long||7° 37' 1.7184'' E|
Coordinates of Katsina, Nigeria is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Nigeria
Also check out these related Cities.
- Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria (4.824167, 7.033611)
- Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria (11.833333, 13.150000)
- Kano, Kano State, Nigeria (12.000000, 8.516667)
- Katsina, Nigeria (12.985531, 7.617144)
- Nnewi, Anambra, Nigeria (6.010519, 6.910345)
- Agbor, Ika South, Nigeria (6.264092, 6.201883)
- Ikeja, Nigeria (6.605874, 3.349149)
- Ughelli, Nigeria (5.500187, 5.993834)
- Akure, Nigeria (7.250771, 5.210266)
- Calabar, Nigeria (4.982873, 8.334503)