Kano, Kano State, Nigeria
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 12.000000, 8.516667.
Kano is a large city and the capital of the same name province, which is situated in the northern part of Nigeria. Kano is the second largest city in the country and has the population close to 4 million people. Historically, it was the settlement of the Hausa population who have been living there since the early Medieval ages. Since the city is situated quite close to the Sahara Desert, the local climate is quite hot and dry, but not the desert type one. Kano is a commercial, agricultural, manufacturing, and transportation spot connecting the region with southern parts of the country and southern countries of the continent. The population of the city is mainly Muslim, and Kano is known as a home to some local Muslim events like Durbar festival, and plenty of others.
Where is Kano, Kano State, Nigeria on Map?
Road map of Kano, Kano State, Nigeria shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Kano, Kano State, Nigeria
Kano, Kano State, Nigeria Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Kano, Kano State, Nigeria is 12.000000, and the longitude is 8.516667. Kano, Kano State, Nigeria is located at Nigeria country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 12° 0' 0.0000'' N and 8° 31' 0.0012'' E.
|DMS Lat||12° 0' 0.0000'' N|
|DMS Long||8° 31' 0.0012'' E|
Coordinates of Kano, Kano State, Nigeria is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Nigeria
Also check out these related Cities.
- Abeokuta, Nigeria (7.145244, 3.327695)
- Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria (4.824167, 7.033611)
- Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria (11.833333, 13.150000)
- Kano, Kano State, Nigeria (12.000000, 8.516667)
- Katsina, Nigeria (12.985531, 7.617144)
- Nnewi, Anambra, Nigeria (6.010519, 6.910345)
- Agbor, Ika South, Nigeria (6.264092, 6.201883)
- Ikeja, Nigeria (6.605874, 3.349149)
- Ughelli, Nigeria (5.500187, 5.993834)
- Akure, Nigeria (7.250771, 5.210266)