Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -37.840935, 144.946457.
Located on the shores of Port Phillip Bay, the city of Melbourne is the largest and the capital of Victoria state. There are about 10 million people living in the urban area of Melbourne. Established in the early 19th century, Melbourne is a port city and was the place where plenty of British settlers entered the country. The city was named after a British governmental figure. The population of the city increased drastically during the Gold Rash in the late 19th century. Melbourne is one of the largest multi-cultural community in the world, with people of different nationalities living there side by side. It is a center of sports, services, education and research, with a large number of modern institutions related to that.
Map of Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Melbourne, VIC, Australia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Melbourne, VIC, Australia is -37.840935, and the longitude is 144.946457. Melbourne, VIC, Australia is located at Australia country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 50' 27.3660'' S and 144° 56' 47.2452'' E.
Melbourne, VIC, Australia Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||37° 50' 27.3660'' S|
|DMS Long||144° 56' 47.2452'' E|
Coordinates of Melbourne, VIC, Australia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Australia
Also check out these related Cities.
- Wanneroo, WA, Australia (-31.747000, 115.803001)
- Gosnells, WA, Australia (-32.071999, 115.995003)
- Spearwood, WA, Australia (-32.105999, 115.782997)
- Cannington, WA, Australia (-32.016998, 115.933998)
- Bayswater, WA, Australia (-31.886999, 115.906998)
- Armadale, WA, Australia (-32.153057, 116.014999)
- Rockingham, WA, Australia (-32.280998, 115.726997)
- Karratha, WA, Australia (-20.736000, 116.846001)
- Mandurah, WA, Australia (-32.528889, 115.723053)
- Kalgoorlie, WA, Australia (-30.748890, 121.465836)