Ararat, VIC, Australia
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: -37.283333, 142.916672.
A small city of Ararat can be found in the central part of the state of Victoria in the south eastern Australia. Ararat is located about 120 miles west of the largest city of the state, Melbourne. The area has been inhabited for many centuries by some local populations, but during the times of the colonization, a group of immigrants established a city there and named it after Mt.Ararat. It is a typical small rural community of the region, with the current population approaching 9 thousand people. The economy of the city is based on small industries, farming, and services. Ararat is a center of social and cultural life of the region, with the landmarks like the Regional Ararat Art Gallery, the Ararat Performing Arts Centre, some modern facilities for sports, especially golf, etc.
Map of Ararat, VIC, Australia
Ararat, VIC, Australia Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Ararat, VIC, Australia is -37.283333, and the longitude is 142.916672. Ararat, VIC, Australia is located at Australia country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 37° 16' 59.9988'' S and 142° 55' 0.0192'' E.
Ararat, VIC, Australia Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||37° 16' 59.9988'' S|
|DMS Long||142° 55' 0.0192'' E|
Coordinates of Ararat, VIC, Australia is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in Australia
Also check out these related Cities.
- Tamworth, NSW, Australia (-31.083332, 150.916672)
- Queanbeyan, NSW, Australia (-35.353333, 149.234161)
- Penrith, NSW, Australia (-33.758011, 150.705444)
- Newcastle, NSW, Australia (-32.916668, 151.750000)
- Liverpool, NSW, Australia (-33.920921, 150.923141)
- Lithgow, NSW, Australia (-33.483334, 150.149994)
- Goulburn, NSW, Australia (-34.754723, 149.618607)
- Dubbo, NSW, Australia (-32.256943, 148.601105)
- Chessnok NSW, Australia (-32.834167, 151.355499)
- Campbelltown, NSW, Australia (-34.064999, 150.814163)