Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 50.909698, -1.404351.
Southampton is a large port city located in Hampshire, southern England, in close proximity to London. It is situated about 110 km south-west of London. The area used to be inhabited for thousands of years, and it could witness the rule of plenty of Empires, including the Roman Empire. The city's economy is based on shipbuilding, tobacco processing, manufacturing of electrical-engineering products, automobiles, etc. The city is home to the University of Southampton, Solent University, and The National Oceanography Centre. Southampton Airport serves the city and is located in the town of Eastleigh.
It is an important tourist spot in the area, which offers hundreds of interesting places to see and activities to get involved in, including music and sports events. Among the places you can visit are the Tudor House Museum, Westquay Shopping Centre, SeaCity Museum, Southampton Maritime Museum, the Medieval Merchant's House, Solent Sky, Mayflower Theatre, the Southampton City Art Gallery, St Mary's Stadium, Medieval City Walls, Old Town and Bargate, Beaulieu, Titanic Trail, SS Shieldhall, Ocean Village, Netley Abbey, etc. The city also hosts the Southampton Boat Show which is held in September annually.
Where is Southampton, UK on Map?
Road map of Southampton, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Southampton, UK
Southampton, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Southampton, UK is 50.909698, and the longitude is -1.404351. Southampton, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 50° 54' 34.9128'' N and 1° 24' 15.6636'' W.
Southampton, UK Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||50° 54' 34.9128'' N|
|DMS Long||1° 24' 15.6636'' W|
Coordinates of Southampton, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Cities.
- York, North Yorkshire, the UK (53.958332, -1.080278)
- Worcester, Worcestershire, the UK (52.192001, -2.220000)
- Winchester, Hampshire, the UK (51.063202, -1.308000)
- Wells, South West England, the UK (51.209000, -2.647000)
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK (53.680000, -1.490000)
- Truro, Cornwall, the UK (50.259998, -5.051000)
- Sunderland, North East, the UK (54.906101, -1.381130)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire, the UK (53.383331, -1.466667)
- Salford, North West, the UK (53.483002, -2.293100)
- St. Davids, Wales, the UK (51.882000, -5.269000)