Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 51.752022, -1.257677.
Oxford, founded in the 8th century, is a large and the main city of Oxfordshire, famous with its oldest prestigious university in the UK and a great deal of other historic attractions, large publishing agencies, a large car-producing facility, scientific research establishments, etc. The city has interesting local beer brands. Oxford is a tourist spot, especially for those who are looking for great shopping opportunities. The University of Oxford is one of the world’s great universities, as well as the oldest university in the English-speaking world, and located 50 miles north-northwest of London. The university also operates the oldest university museum in the world.
Situated between the River Thames and the Cherwell River, the city has a lot of landmarks, historical buildings, and attractions such as Christ Church Cathedral, St. Mary the Virgin Church, The Oxford Oratory Church of St Aloysius Gonzaga, Tom Tower, Blackwell's Bookshop, Oxford Botanic Garden, Radcliffe Observatory, the Bodleian Library, The Ashmolean Museum, Oxford University Museum of Natural History, the Oxford University Press Museum, the Oxford Castle, The Story Museum, Modern Art Oxford, The Headington Shark, Oxford University Press, Sheldonian Theatre, The River Cherwell, etc. The Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology that is the world's first university museum is located on Beaumont Street.
Where is Oxford, UK on Map?
Road map of Oxford, UK shows where the location is placed.
Satellite Map of Oxford, UK
Oxford, UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of Oxford, UK is 51.752022, and the longitude is -1.257677. Oxford, UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 51° 45' 7.2792'' N and 1° 15' 27.6372'' W.
Oxford, UK Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||51° 45' 7.2792'' N|
|DMS Long||1° 15' 27.6372'' W|
Coordinates of Oxford, UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Cities.
- York, North Yorkshire, the UK (53.958332, -1.080278)
- Worcester, Worcestershire, the UK (52.192001, -2.220000)
- Winchester, Hampshire, the UK (51.063202, -1.308000)
- Wells, South West England, the UK (51.209000, -2.647000)
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK (53.680000, -1.490000)
- Truro, Cornwall, the UK (50.259998, -5.051000)
- Sunderland, North East, the UK (54.906101, -1.381130)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire, the UK (53.383331, -1.466667)
- Salford, North West, the UK (53.483002, -2.293100)
- St. Davids, Wales, the UK (51.882000, -5.269000)