York, North Yorkshire, the UK
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 53.958332, -1.080278.
Situated on the banks of the rivers Ouse and Foss, York is an old city situated in North Yorkshire, the UK. The city is very old and is believed to be established in the 1st century AD by the Ancient Roman kings. They invested in the city's development and helped the population increase the social life level. Mostly farmers and merchants, the community was one of the most striving in the area. During the Middle Ages the city turned into a center of manufacturing and, later on - transport and commerce. Modern day's York is a very popular tourist spot, with plenty of cathedrals, museums, palaces, pubs and restaurants, galleries and theaters, other cultural establishments and the establishments for sports.
Where is York, North Yorkshire, the UK on Map?
Road map of York, North Yorkshire, the UK shows where is the location is placed.
Satellite Map of York, North Yorkshire, the UK
York, North Yorkshire, the UK Lat Long Coordinates Info
The latitude of York, North Yorkshire, the UK is 53.958332, and the longitude is -1.080278. York, North Yorkshire, the UK is located at United Kingdom country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 53° 57' 29.9952'' N and 1° 4' 49.0008'' W.
York, North Yorkshire, the UK Geographic Information
|DMS Lat||53° 57' 29.9952'' N|
|DMS Long||1° 4' 49.0008'' W|
Coordinates of York, North Yorkshire, the UK is given above in both decimal degrees and DMS (degrees, minutes and seconds) format. The country code given is in the ISO2 format.
Cities in United Kingdom
Also check out these related Cities.
- York, North Yorkshire, the UK (53.958332, -1.080278)
- Worcester, Worcestershire, the UK (52.192001, -2.220000)
- Winchester, Hampshire, the UK (51.063202, -1.308000)
- Wells, South West England, the UK (51.209000, -2.647000)
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, the UK (53.680000, -1.490000)
- Truro, Cornwall, the UK (50.259998, -5.051000)
- Sunderland, North East, the UK (54.906101, -1.381130)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire, the UK (53.383331, -1.466667)
- Salford, North West, the UK (53.483002, -2.293100)
- St. Davids, Wales, the UK (51.882000, -5.269000)